Monday, December 10, 2012

SACRIFICE


SACRIFICE
I’m reading Hebrews 11 this morning the part that talks about Moses’ faith and I just pause and ask myself; Why wouldn’t God use Moses the way He did?

I know we all know the story of Moses, but for those of us that don’t, in verse 24 of Hebrews 11, the bible says: Heb 11:24  By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
Heb 11:25  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

I’m reading this and trying to picture Moses in our day. Pharaoh in the then known world was the only world power and all the people answered to him. And Moses was the adopted son of his daughter, Oh what an exalted position to occupy!

Imagine the kind of noise Senators make these days by virtue of the small power they wield in their constituencies and try to compare it to what Moses would have been privileged to by virtue of his position. But bible tells us that he refused to even be recognized as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter but rather wanted to be associated with the people of God. What a great sacrifice that was.

By that singular decision, Moses automatically fell from the possibilities of being the strongest most powerful man in the then known world to being “A Nobody”. I have found out that when God has great plans for your life, the enemy always brings things to you that will look like greatness but hidden behind it will be slavery.

If that were not to be the case, why was it that of all the days for Pharaoh’s daughter to find a child by the River Nile, it was the day Moses was kept there? Why was it that of all the Hebrew children that she had come across, she chose to adopt this particular one? Why was it that the same Pharaoh who gave orders for Hebrew boys to be slain accepted this particular one?

My conclusion is that the devil will go to any length to try and truncate God’s ultimate plans for your life. But thank God that we have a God that is a master planner.

Back to my earlier chain of thoughts, I’m wondering, if I was the one in Moses’ shoes, would I have given up all of that comfort and prospects for the unknown? (I’m keeping my answer to myself *winks*smiles*) but I’m asking you the same question; Would you have given up all that comfort and privileges for the unknown? SELAH!!!

We live in a world today that is so materialistic it makes you wonder what will become of your children (I’m yet to have them, work in progress *smiles*). All around us, everyone is grabbing and acquiring and buying and getting which makes me wonder, is this all life is about? I was taught while growing up by my parents that there is always a higher calling in life than material things (Happy Wedding Anniversary Mum). I was told that we are here for a purpose and a greater good. But when I look around me today at the things going on in our world, I’m tempted to doubt the wise sayings of my parents.

Thank God for men like Moses whom God used to show us that life is not all about the material things. He gave up everything to pursue a vision that was imprinted in his heart (To lead the children of Isreal out of captivity). And God being who He is, does not owe any man, all the things that Moses gave up to do His will, was restored to him a thousand folds. He became the leader of the strongest most feared Nation in the then known world. He won battles and acquired so much than he could have assuming he was restricted to Egypt alone.

Question now is, what sacrifice have you made for the purpose of God upon your life? Can you comfortably point out things you have foregone for the sake of Christ?

You know it is so easy to join the band wagon and hustle like everyone else, making efforts to grab as much as is possible even when you don’t have need for them, but my question to you today is this; Are you by your current actions fulfilling the purpose of God for your life, or are you on the band wagon?

SELAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment